World Library  

Fantasy

Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from the genre of science fiction by the expectation that it steers clear of scientific themes, though there is a great deal of overlap between the two.

• Cover Image

Dragoste cu valeriană. Galateae Epistulae ad Florentinum

By: Florentin Smarandache

O colecție de epistole de dragoste cu arome de valeriană, expediate de Galatea. Valeriana (Valeriana officinalis), denumită și odolean, năvalnic, gușa-porumbelului sau iarba-pisicii, este investită cu însușiri magice de tradiția populară, una dintre cele mai eficiente remedii în tratarea tulburărilor emoționale, precum și a bolilor fizice asociate lor. Pygmalion, regele Ciprului, nemulțumit de vanitatea și promiscuitatea femeilor din împărăția sa, renunță să-și ca...

Read More
  • Cover Image

We Friends In Trends

By: Jaimeet Patel; Evangel Ethial, Editor

Kabir is a rich, handsome, arrogant, and fuming guy from South Delhi. From an early age, he was involved in drugs due to poor upbringing. His parents had the money for him but no time. From childhood Shivansh, his best buddy pampered him and saved him from all types of problems. Shivansh was his shadow, never moving a single step without his friend. What happens when they put a step in a new world far away from home in Pune? Two more buddies of their class meet ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Elfos, orcs e fuzis de assalto

By: MARCELO HIPOLITO

Este é um épico de fantasia e aventura que transcorre nas ruas de São Paulo, Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Nova York e Washington, nos confins da floresta amazônica e sob o calor escaldante de Cuba. Caos, traições, preconceitos, esperanças e horrores emergem do encontro de povos fantásticos com pessoas comuns, do conflito entre o relativismo moral do nosso mundo e os valores absolutos do Bem e do Mal de uma estranha e perigosa terra encantada.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Lighthouse of the Netherworlds

By: Maxwell N Andrews

With the long summer school holidays coming to an end, Rachel Cook's days are filled with hordes of homework and little time for boredom. But on an unusually hot and sticky Wednesday morning, her uneventful school break comes to a shuddering stop: an innocent trip to the park leaves her with more questions than answers about her family's strange past. As her parents' finances plummet towards the poverty line and beyond, the Cooks end up living high above a seaside town, ...

"We did not hunger for death or the manner in which we met it…We alone must atone for the tragedy that tore us apart… eternity beckons…"

Read More
  • Cover Image

Die Geschichte des Klaus : The Origin of Santa Clause: A Short Sto...

By: Kjerri Anderssen

A little girl and her small village learn about the origins of Santa Clause and other charming Christmas traditions… trees, gifts, etc. from an unlikely stranger.

Long, long ago on the edge of the Siberian wilderness, there was a patch of evergreens, nearby to a small village. Among the patch of evergreens, an evil satyr frequented the little den...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Диалоги о камнях

By: Дан Берг

Об одном открытии в науке, сделанном хасидом Шломо

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Miracle Of Being : A numinous journey into the Soul: A numinou...

By: Mrs. Johanna Jacoba du Plessis; Jaime Ribeiro, Editor

A look into the psychological individuation process as described by Jung via the medium of fantasy. How to navigate the maze of projections to overcome fear.

She heard the fly buzzing right beside her, only millimetres away from her left ear, but before she could turn to catch it, it flew into the mirror through to the other side and sat down on the shoulder of her now rapidly dissipating reflection. With this, all the mirrors in the castle began to crack. Marjorie cowered and covered her head with her arms. The castle was being destroyed. Thousands of shards fell to the floor amidst this play of colour, and something caug...

Read More
  • Cover Image

La Fuente

By: Chris Door

Raisha es considerada la maga más famosa y poderosa de todo Elendor, un mundo dividido entre el Imperio de La Luz y La Oscuridad.Un grupo de héroes, en los albores de una guerra entre ambos Imperios, verá unidos sus destinos por siempre teniendo que enfrentarse a sus propios miedos y desafíos para alcanzar la victoria.La Sombra, General de La Oscuridad, ha forjado El Gran Plan, que sólo ella conoce en su totalidad y que arrastrará a este grupo de héroes a una aventura de...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Starlet is Born

By: Maysam Yabandeh

The story depicts a peculiar romance, less seen on earth. Our quest to understand the nature of the romance, also sheds some lights on the troubling relationship between the mankind and their environment.

"Hi, I am Starlet," Starlet breaks the silence with an irresistible charm. "What is your name?" Dick remains silent. It is as he has lost his ability to speak. He is thinking very hard, but cannot remember his own name. The silence is getting too long. Dick finally remembers the flower bouquet. He brings it up with a wishful smile. "Oh, that is for me. That is so sweet. Thank you. They look gorgeous." Starlet closes her eyes, and inhales deeply to feel the scent of the...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Жизнь в раю

By: Дан Берг

Повесть преподносит читателю достоверную, практически документальную картину жизни в раю. Показаны эмоциональные бури, бушующие в душах героев повести – счастливых обитателей рая.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Chronicles of Erf : An Introduction

By: Donald Harry Roberts

An Introduction to untold numbers of novelettes

ERF THE INFINITE REALM BY FANKLE BLATHERSKITE WITH PERMISSION FROM DONALD HARRY ROBERTS 1 Aye; Tis a quandarsome query when one sets out to weave together the complexities of Erf, and most who try usually go stark raving mad, mad, mad or become so disillusioned with the whole concept of Erf that they become angry and stuff the whole thing in a category shared by Flat Earth and Hollow Earth. both of which may well be part of Erf. One of the first ponderances inves...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Jewel of Vishnu : Chronicles of Kumari Kandam

By: RK Singh

The Jewel of Vishnu is set 6000 years ago on the fabled continent of Kumari Kandam, rumoured to have existed south of India. Arul is a teen with a mysterious past. His mother vanished soon after he was born, and his father refuses to speak of her. Arul dreams that his mother is still alive somewhere out there. She left him but a single artefact. A golden pendant holding a divine gem of enigmatic power. A protector. Arul, his pet wolf Jaya and his childhood friends, Kee...

‘I must have the last gem of the Navigators, Vazhuthi said. ‘It alone will control the Oru Arrakan. The rulers of Kumari Kandam will fall at our feet.’ ‘Our scouts have found it, Holiness,’ said the assistant, his pocked face breaking into a smile. ‘A peasant-boy who dwells in the mountains to the north.’ ‘How came such a gem to this child?’ Vazhuthi said. Who are his parents? ‘We only know that his father is a Royal Forester.’ ‘It matters not. Order our assassins ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Belief of the Reborn

By: Gary L Beer

Kir considered himself a normal child with a normal childhood and attained good grades at school. On reaching maturity his body starts to change into something different; a warrior species of alien. Having to leave his home and planet with his parents to save their lives they head out into deep space and search the cosmos to find a new home. Finding a genetically altered world they meet aliens whose lives are very different from their own and uncover an unknown ...

Life started for me no different to any other kid living in a modern world. Made to attend school I listened and believed everything of what I was taught. Being at school with the other kids was tough and almost every day I was beaten or made to suffer some kind of humiliation. My parents told me it was because I was different and that they could sense the difference. Being different is always regarded as a threat, especially when that difference is not understood. Scho...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Stone

By: Donald Harry Roberts

A time when a boy faces himself in alternate realities

The boy walked along the river bank quietly, watching the fish labour up river against the current. He wondered why nature had made them work so hard to spawn, while other animals mated without more than minor rituals, especially humans. As he moved further down steam he spied many fish who had died on the journey but there was one that was caught among the rocks and struggling to get free. The boy waded into the shallow water to free the fish but when it turned over th...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Phantazmuhgoreeah : Volume 1

By: Donald Harry Roberts; Donald Harry Roberts

Its a must read to get it

PART ONE THE UNCANNY PROFESSOR 1 For Zender Light, being an orphan had never caused him one moment of discumbuberation. In fact it caused him to employ enjoyment with his uniqueness. But his life condition was only half the fun because he was also endowed with a unique physical appearance. Nothing that really stood out unless attention was drawn to it, which he did often because he like that condition of his appearance. His eyes. They were amber and multifaceted like ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Skeins of Gold: Rumpelstiltkin Retold

By: Ms. Holly Bargo

This new version of the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale addresses some dangling questions not answered in the original story and is told from the perspective of the miller's daughter.

It’s the lot of women to suffer the stupidity of men. I looked out the window of the grand carriage painted and gilded with the king’s family crest as it carried me from the hovel of my home to the castle where I somehow had to make good on my father’s nonsensical boast that I could spin straw into gold. Had my father not soaked his brain in cheap ale to bolster his courage, he would have realized that, if his boast were true, our family would not live in a hovel and...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Exodus Tales of Prophet Moses (Musa) & Prophet Haron (Aaron)

By: Muhammad Vandestra

The pharaoh who ruled Egypt was a tyrant who oppressed the descendants of Prophet Jacob (pbuh), known as the children of Israel (Bani Israel). He used every means to demean and disgrace them. They were kept in bondage and forced to work for him for small wages or nothing. Under this system the people obeyed and worshipped the pharaoh, and the ruling class carried out his orders, thereby authorizing his tyranny and crazy whims. The pharaoh wanted the people to obey him...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Islam Folklore Prophet Jesus (Isa) Son of Mary & The Bird from Clay

By: Muhammad Vandestra

In the beginning I was clay then I became a bird by Allah's leave. From motionless clay to a soaring bird. I was something that was not able to move by itself and then I could fly in the sky. That is me. I do not know how to introduce myself to history. Allah (Exalted and Glorified be He) introduced me in the last of His Books saying, "(Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection), 'O 'Isa (Jesus), son of Mary am (Mary)! Remember My Favor to you and t...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Timothy Chyme : Part Two

By: Donald Harry Roberts; Donald Harry Roberts

Timothy Chyme continues his fantasy journey

Read More
  • Cover Image

The King

By: John Finnick

In a world where magic is commonplace, rogue abominations of nature roam the lands, and deities exist, a lone boy named Raphael seeks to exact vengeance against the very murderers that tore his life apart, leaving him the only hapless survivor of their onslaught. He joins the Hunters, a group of ancient warriors sworn to protect the lands of Agartha, with nothing but revenge on his mind. But soon, he finds himself becoming involved in something bigger than he can handle....

Read More

|
|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 68 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.